Problem with Logo

I am having some issues using a logo on the header. I make the changes on studiopress to show logo. I add the images in the images section. When I select the image to use as a logo, the logo does not show up. It has happened on 3 different sites now; I have done it successfully on other sites, but lately they do not apply.

Anyone else having this issues?

siga

I saw this happen for other members due to the naming of the file. Can you try to reupload the image with a very simple name like "logo"?

If this doesn´t work, you should contact support team as we can´t see your site or your logo right now, so it´s hard to guess and help.

I saw this happen for other members due to the naming of the file. Can you try to reupload the image with a very simple name like "logo"?

If this doesn´t work, you should contact support team as we can´t see your site or your logo right now, so it´s hard to guess and help.
I will try this. All I did was name the logo as the business site like I had done before, but I will try it. I didn't show the site because, well, the logo does not show up. The other sites the logo shows up, perhaps it may also be a wp update, not sure...

I will contact support, thanks for your reply

Hey there Siga,

Thanks for your help. Awesome, worked like a a charm. That was what was needed. Thanks for your help

siga

Glad to hear it´s sorted! :)

Explanation: Servers don´t like spaces and special characters (like brackets) in your file names but you still can do anything like

my-logo-big-600px.jpg
or
my_business_name_200px.png

Last edited:
Was having the same very frustrating problem with my Header image. Read this answer from Siga. Thank you. I started with the little common words then saw that taking away any space between the file name words worked as well.
Ex. 'tree line' would not work but 'treeline' did work!
There must have been something that changed that required this to be done with the Header images.

siga

Was having the same very frustrating problem with my Header image. Read this answer from Siga. Thank you. I started with the little common words then saw that taking away any space between the file name words worked as well.
Ex. 'tree line' would not work but 'treeline' did work!
There must have been something that changed that required this to be done with the Header images.
It´s been like that for a long time, can´t remember if it´s ever been different because I know I´ve solved those same problems with members in the old forum years ago.

The reason why spaces in filenames won´t work is that the space have to be escaped properly to be used in CSS or scripts, for example. "image 1.jpg" would have to be "image%201.jpg" to work properly, for example. Since Dynamik produces the CSS needed to display your header image, those spaces will cause a problem and the image won´t be displayed.
It might also depend on settings on your server (some servers will change a filename by changing/removing spaces when you upload them).
I also read threads where someone mentioned the problem was solved when updating PHP to 7.x.x, but I don´t know if that would be true for Dynamik.

But I´m sure @eric could explain that much better than me. :)