• The Cobalt Apps Community Forum is for community interaction and assistance, but is not our official Cobalt Apps Product Support solution. If you need Cobalt Apps Product Support please contact our support team through the contact form found at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

Instant IDE

So I've been using Instant IDE for a few days now and it's great.

My only real complaint is that it doesn't remember anything when it closes or times out. I left work Sunday and when I came back this morning (Tuesday) I had to re-login and it didn't remember what files I had open or where I was.

Where can I get additional theme files or change the colors to custom colors?

According to the Instant IDE doc, I can install WordPress in a folder by right-clicking and selecting "Install WordPress".

If WordPress already exists, will it overwrite the existing files? In otherwords, sometimes I re-install the WordPress core files to remove malware. So this would be a GREAT way of more easily doing that.

The time-out on Instant IDE is WAY TOO SHORT. I am having to re-login after walking away for an hour and losing everything in the process.

Can you please add an option to stay logged in for 24-hours.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
Eric got the timeout issue fixed, thanks so much!
YES!! That one baffled me for a bit, but I pushed out a solution in the latest iIDE release. There were some PHP session conflicts going on in particular site setups, but now iIDE handles its own sessions independently so that should no longer be an issue moving forward. :)

Is git baked in to the Instant IDE console?

I am using v2.15.1 on my web server and it appears the IIDE console is using 1.8.3.1 and I'm running into compatibility issues.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
No, git is not baked in. The console is simply a way to utilize things like git via clone and commit, etc...

Hmm, so when I do:

git --version from SSH I get v2.15.1

When I do it from the IIDE console I get v1.8.3.1

Any idea why they are different? Since I created the repo from SSH, the console can't/won't update it.

OMG, why is the Monaco editor the default?!? The Ace Editor in IIDE is awesome!

Eric, this product was a stroke of genius, not only do I use it on my laptop with sites I'm developing in DesktopServer, but I have installed it on my web server on dev sites. Beyond the suggestions I've posted, I'd LOVE to see some kind of a "plugin" interface that allows me to add menu items and my own services.

So, after a LOT of investigation, I had two versions of GIT installed on my server. I replaced the version used by the CONSOLE.

I also modified the console-xxx.php so set the $HOME folder location so that I can use the git global settings on my server. That would be a nice feature in your next update (setting the $HOME folder).

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
Oh no!!!

It does not work with my iPad... I cannot open a file. Double-tapping doesn't work.
Correct. There is currently no touch support in iIDE. This is not an issue with Themer Pro, for example, since it has a much simpler interface with single click file opening instead of the double and right-click and drag-n-drop UI with iIDE. I may add this in the future, but there's a lot of work to be done for that to work well on a touch device.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
So, after a LOT of investigation, I had two versions of GIT installed on my server. I replaced the version used by the CONSOLE.

I also modified the console-xxx.php so set the $HOME folder location so that I can use the git global settings on my server. That would be a nice feature in your next update (setting the $HOME folder).
Are you referring to the $HOME_DIRECTORY variable or the $home_directory variable or something else entirely? And what did you change yours to? I'm just trying to figure out if this is based on the change of the "root directory" option in iIDE or the actual server home dir, or what?

Are you referring to the $HOME_DIRECTORY variable or the $home_directory variable or something else entirely? And what did you change yours to? I'm just trying to figure out if this is based on the change of the "root directory" option in iIDE or the actual server home dir, or what?
This is the change I made:

$process = proc_open('export HOME=/home/$user && ' . $command . ' 2>&1', $descriptors, $pipes);

Where "$user" is my web user name. Now, when I use git it can use my global settings.

If you used --global with "git config" you would get an error that $HOME was not defined.

Correct. There is currently no touch support in iIDE. This is not an issue with Themer Pro, for example, since it has a much simpler interface with single click file opening instead of the double and right-click and drag-n-drop UI with iIDE. I may add this in the future, but there's a lot of work to be done for that to work well on a touch device.
Is there any way that you can add "Open" to the file menu to open the currently highlighted file?

When you right click on a folder, you have a "Create File" option. Can you add a "Create Theme File" and "Create Plugin File" option? It would create the file with the minimum comments needed for the Theme or Plugin instead of the "new file..." text.