The Cobalt Apps Community Forum is for community interaction and assistance, but is not our official Cobalt Apps Product Support solution. If you need Cobalt Apps Product Support please contact our support team through the contact form found at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

Creating a top right menu button

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Mills, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Michael Mills

Michael Mills New Member

I wondered if it's possible, with the Cobalt tools, to build a top right menu button that is styled with color, a border and stands out from the other menu items on the navigation? I'm really not a coder, in fact terrible at it, yet the Cobalt tools have allowed me to do some powerful things to web design and marketing strategies within websites.

Please let me know. Thank you!

2. eric

eric Administrator Cobalt Apps Developer

Do you mean a button that sits INSIDE the Header Menu, as if it were one of the Header Menu page buttons, but sitting to the far right and uniquely styled? Or do you mean OUTSIDE the Header Menu, to the far-right of the Header area itself?

3. Michael Mills

Michael Mills New Member

Yes! Exactly! Inside header menu, top far right, stylized. Like a "Schedule Appt" "Buy Now".

4. eric

I forgot to ask, what theme are you using?

5. Michael Mills

Michael Mills New Member

Genesis with DWB. Also using some Beaver Builder.

6. eric

I just created a screencast that shows you how to do this:

And here's the CSS code I used:
    Code:
    .right-menu-button {
        float: right !important;
    }
    .right-menu-button a {
        background: #ffa500;
        color: #fff;
    }
    .right-menu-button a:hover {
        background: #0059FF !important;
    }

7. Michael Mills

Michael Mills New Member

Eric - I don't know what to say other than, THANK YOU!!:) That was kind of you and helpful! I would hope this video is helpful to others using your DWB! It's truly the Swiss Army knife of web design and coding!

eric likes this.
  8. eric

Glad it was so helpful! :)