The Cobalt Apps Community Forum is for community interaction and assistance, but is not our official Cobalt Apps Product Support solution. If you need Cobalt Apps Product Support please contact our support team through the contact form found at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

Centering Navigation Menu

Discussion in 'Dynamik Website Builder' started by James Brown, Dec 17, 2017.

1. James Brown

James Brown New Member

I'm attempting to center the navigation items under my header. In the past some people had success with this code.

Code:
    .genesis-nav-menu {
    text-align: center;
    }

.menu-primary li {
    display: inline-block;
    float: none;
    }
    This doesn't seem to work if the window on desktop is stretched out. But as soon as you shrink the window it pops to centered. Although it does that whether the code is in the Custom CSS window or not. Also after removing that code I have noticed that changing Dynamik Design > Nav > Nav Placement from Left to Centered does not change anything either. But then again, changing the colors for Main Background, Inactive Page background, Page Hover Background and Active Page background does not change anything either. I've cleared cache, shut down my browser (Safari), tried a different browser(Chrome), but don't see any change. Is this a glitch or am I not doing something correctly?

2. siga

siga Moderator

"Nav" is the Primary Navigation (it has a setting to center it, the CSS above is from an old thread before this setting existed - 2013 I think?) while a menu in the Header is the Header Right navigation (so a setting in "Nav" will have no influence on it of course, as well as any CSS related to primary nav).

Now I´m not sure what you´re actually using and it would help a lot if you could provide a URL.