• The Cobalt Apps Community Forum is for community interaction and assistance, but is not our official Cobalt Apps Product Support solution. If you need Cobalt Apps Product Support please contact our support team through the contact form found at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

Search results

1. Fiona

Add custom field to Genesis Featured Post

Ace! Thank you - that is now working! :D:D:D:D
  2. Fiona

It's a small world! Somehow you always think everyone on this forum is somewhere over the other side of the world, not 10 miles down the road! I have just tried deactivating all the plugins apart from Genesis Featured Widget Amplified, but that didn't make any difference, so it doesn't appear...
  3. Fiona

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it isn't working! :confused: Any ideas?
  4. Fiona

Hi Andytc Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. On the website I am working on testimonials are created as posts with a category "Testimonials" and various subcategories (depending on who the testimonial is for). I have created a custom field called...
  5. Fiona

Hi. I am currently developing a website using Genesis Dynamik and want to include the facility for visitors to submit testimonials (which are set up as posts) via Gravity Forms. So that I can request an identifier (name/initials/nickname etc) from the person submitting the testimonial I have...
  6. Fiona

Help with displaying Custom Field in a post

Hi Andytc That's perfect! The custom field now appears exactly as I want, and my css knowledge is much better than my php so I can sort out the styling! Thank you so much for all your help and for the explanations - I have learned a lot.:D:D:D:D
  7. Fiona

Thanks Andytc. That worked for 'The conditional works', but when I put in: add_action( 'genesis_entry_content', 'add_testimonial_author' ); function add_testimonial_author() { if ( is_category( '2' ) ) { // testimonials category id echo get_post_custom_values( 'testimonialauthor'); } } it...
  8. Fiona

It's definitely 'testimonials' - here is the link to the category archive: http://ltplast.fionastoreydesign.co.uk/category/testimonials/ (this is a temporary test site). The first testimonial is one I inputted via my I tried deactivating all the plugins and it still didn't work, so none of them...
  9. Fiona

Still nothing :-(
  10. Fiona

No, that's not working either....
  11. Fiona

I'm not sure how to do that (sorry - I'm very inexperienced with php). Would you mind suggesting some test code?
  12. Fiona

Thanks for the suggestion Andytc, but that still doesn't resolve it :( The post will only appear on the archive page of testimonials, not as an individual post, but at the moment it's not working either on the post or on the archive page.
  13. Fiona

Thanks for this Eric. It is no longer broken but still doesn't work! I have tried loads of different code, but can't get the custom field to display either in the single post or on the archive post. I currently have: add_action( 'genesis_post_content', 'add_testimonial_author' ); function...
  14. Fiona

Hi. I am using Gravity Forms and the Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types plugin to enable a form to be used to submit testimonials on a website that automatically creates a post for the testimonial. I have used the body post field for the testimonial itself, but to make it easy to use have used a...
  15. Fiona

Showcase: website built on Genesis Dynamik

Thanks Abland. Re "ageing", in UK English it is spelled with an "e"!
  16. Fiona

CRM and Web Development

I use Capsule CRM - free for a limited number of contacts, but I pay £8/month for unlimited contacts. It is useful to keep a list of tasks that need doing (work, follow up sales, invoicing etc) and also to keep a record of correspondence. It also links to our accounts package (Kashflow) which is...
  17. Fiona

Showcase: website built on Genesis Dynamik

I have used Genesis Dynamik and its predecessor Catalyst Dynamik for all the Wordpress sites I have built and am a huge fan. One of my recent websites was for The FAB Practice. This had some challenges that were new for me including a different header image for the home page to all the other...
  18. Fiona

HTML unordered list not working in archive intro

Thanks for this. However, the category intro shows fine on Genesis - it was just the bullets that weren't showing and that was resolved by adding padding back in as suggested by Abland. Thanks again for your help.
  19. Fiona

CSS Builder in Genesis Dynamik: Background Images

I realise that, but I quite often want to use a background image in elements that aren't in Dynamik Design so I use the custom CSS instead. I find it difficult to remember all the elements of background: - so it would make life much easier if this was in the CSS Builder. I am sure it used to be...
  20. Fiona

HTML unordered list not working in archive intro

Doh! OK, I have sorted that out and all now perfect - thank you so much! :oops: