Genesis Extender 1.4 is a fairly major update that adds significant refinements to the user interface as well as a few bug fixes. As always, we strongly recommend all users update.
Please Note: You may need to clear your browser’s cache a few times to allow the new admin style changes to fully take effect.
Genesis Extender 1.4
- Made the Genesis Extender admin sections fully responsive to be more inline with the WordPress 3.8 responsive UI update. This allows for WP Dashboard use on tablets and mobile devices.
- Added a “Search” feature for the Custom Options making it much more efficient to sort through your Custom Templates, Hook Boxes, etc.. to find the one you’re looking for.
- Made it so Custom Widget Areas and Custom Hook Boxes can be named using non-slug-names so now capital letters and spaces are allowed.
- Added a Custom Widget Area “Description” option so you can now add descriptions to your Custom Widget Areas.
- Updated the add_theme_support() HTML5 code to the latest Genesis standards.
- Moved all of the [?]Tooltip content out of Extender and into knowledge base articles. So now when you click on the [?]Tooltips in the Extender admin page they will open a new tab in your browser to the appropriate knowledge base article. This will allow for more in-depth tooltip content and make it so we can update them without having to wait until the next update is pushed out.
- Made it so the Custom Thumbnail Sizes are now present in the WP Media feature.
- Added the “EZ Static Home Cotainer .entry class” option to help better integrate the Static Homepage feature with Genesis Child Themes.
- Fixed a bug where the Custom stylesheet was being enqueued when the Front-end CSS Builder is active, causing the styles to not update in real-time when deleting CSS in the front-end editor.
- Fixed a bug where backslashes were getting stripped in Custom CSS when moving from front-end to back-end versions.
- Fixed a Front-end CSS Builder highlight feature bug where initial highlighting doesn’t work when element labels are clicked.
- Fixed bug where the “Remove Page Titles” feature was incorrectly removing BuddyPress post titles in certain configurations.