Width adjustment using labels

Hi there

I just started using the Genesis Extender plugin and very excited about what I can do with it.

The first thing I wanted to do was to have a narrower content width for a selection of posts, but still have it responsive for mobile. I think I achieved this and all seems to be working well. The only thing is that I'm getting a warning in the CSS.

Here's what I did.

1. Created a label called "Reviews Width" and that was assigned the conditional "extender_has_label('reviews-width')" and the body class "label-reviews-width"

2. Using the CSS builder created the following:

Code:
    /* Content */

.label-reviews-width
.content {

float: none;
    margin: auto;
    max-width: 680px;

}
For the line ".label-reviews-width" it has a warning, which says

Newline character found in selector (forgot a comma?)
A couple of questions

1. Is this something I should be concerned about?

2. Is this something I can fix?

3. It looks like this code does everything I want - I can select the label on the posts that I want this new width to appear on and it looks fine on mobile. But is there any reason why this code could be potentially problematic.

I would post a link but I was told not to on my first few posts in the forum.

If it wasn't for that little warning triangle, I would have left it but just want to make sure.

Any help is much appreciated,
Nate

siga

A warning is nothing more than a warning and usually nothing much to be concerned about.

But does the warning still appear if you just write it like this?:

.label-reviews-width .content {
}

Hey

Thanks for your reply.

Good to know.

And yeah writing it like that got rid of the warning but still functions the same.

Very much appreciate your answer, cheers!

siga

Thank you. :)
Basically, this warning just tried to make sure "why is the .content selector in a new line? Is it in fact a new selector, did you probably forget a comma or was it meant to be this way?"
You can write it that way and it will still work, but it´s not common practise, hence it produced that "newline character" warning.