Retina logo

I'm having trouble using the retina logo feature. I put my regular logo in "Select Logo Image." I put my 2x retina logo (which has exactly 2x the dimensions). However, instead of displaying the logo at the regular size, it puts a stretched out logo. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?

I've noticed this too. But I hadn't identified that problem with the retina logo before now. But come to think of it, I think it only happens on retina screens—thanks @mattg! I get a horizontally-stretched brandmark as though it maintains the correct height of the brandmark, but doubles its width. I've removed the retina option and will check my brandmark's proportions when I get back on a retina screen. I think this could be fixed pretty easily. I'll have a play, but I think this should be fixed by CobaltApps (@eric) if it's a universal problem.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
I just re-tested this on my end and it works fine for me. I've created two custom logo images, named one my-logo.png and the retina version is named my-logo@2x.png. The non-retina version was 300px by 100px while the retina version was 600px by 200px. I then assigned each version to their appropriate place in the Dynamik Design > Header options admin page. Then when a retina display was present it displayed the retina version of the logo, but at 50% size so it scales properly and provides the HD kind of resolution desirable on a retina display.

@eric Did you update the Dynamik or are you only saying that it worked for you? Are you using a retina screen to test it? Presumably we don't have to use a 300x100 and 600x200 logo, do we? I am using a non-retina and retina image...I don't have the exact specs at the moment, but it's something like 150x80 and 300x160 (2x) and put them in their appropriate places in the header options. I'm seeing a problem when I actually use a retina screen.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
Sorry for the belated reply @mattg Regarding your question, I tested this both with the Chrome Developer Tools as well as directly on a Retina Display on a MacBook Pro, and both displayed properly. What you described seems about right regarding how to properly do it so I'm not sure why it's giving you issues at this point. Any chance you could provide a screencast or screenshots of what you're doing? You can email this info to our support team through your "My Account" page if you'd like.