• The Cobalt Apps Community Forum is for community interaction and assistance, but is not our official Cobalt Apps Product Support solution. If you need Cobalt Apps Product Support please contact our support team through the contact form found at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

Instant IDE - Suggestions

* File -> Reload All Open Files
* File -> Save All Open Files
* File -> Close All Open Files (and save state)
* File -> Open Saved Files

Really would like to edit the editor theme or create my own

Would like to close the preview area to the right.

In the context menu of the file browser, when I right lick on a folder, it would be nice to refresh JUST the contents of that folder instead of having to refresh the entire tree.

Some kind of font size control would be great as well. The existing font is just a tiny bit too small for my old eyes.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
Great suggestions. I'll keep these in mind. Just curious about this one:

In the context menu->command palette, can you remove the items not supported?
As far as I know, only relevant menu items should be displaying. Is that not the case?

Another suggestion:

In the context menu for each tab, please add "Refresh Content" that re-loads the source file into the tab. Right now I have to close it and reopen it.

Also, can the cursor location be saved and restored when switching tabs? I do a lot of cutting and pasting between tabs and I keep having to click to restore the cursor when I switch from one tab to another.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
Also, can the cursor location be saved and restored when switching tabs? I do a lot of cutting and pasting between tabs and I keep having to click to restore the cursor when I switch from one tab to another.
I'm not sure that's an option that I can enable. Maybe a code tweak, but not sure.

I think when the tab is clicked you can just setfocus to the Ace Editor and it will remember where the cursor was on its own... I'm adding Ace Editor to Advanced Custom Fields and that's how I did it there.

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
I'm actually about to push out a few bug fixes, but will likely add a font size option for the editors in the near future.