• The Cobalt Apps Community Forum is for community interaction and assistance, but is not our official Cobalt Apps Product Support solution. If you need Cobalt Apps Product Support please contact our support team through the contact form found at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

Changing Dynamik Custom Conditionals from Single to Singular

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
That's odd. I just re-tested this on a Dynamik test site and the "Is Single Post" conditional worked just fine for me. I assigned it to a Custom Hook Box and added the word "Test" to it, and then on the front-end "Test" showed up on all single post pages, but nowhere else on the site. What do you have that conditional assigned to?

Hey Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me. So, let's see.. I created a custom hook box, and like you I try it out with "test" content first. I assigned it to "genesis_before_entry_content" with a priority of "12" and "Hooked". If I use "is_single('post')" it doesn't show, but if I use "is_singular('post')" it does show. It's not the end of the world or anything like that. I just though it was weird. It may not even have anything to do with Dynamik.

Hope your doing well man!
Chris

eric

Administrator
Cobalt Apps Developer
It may not even have anything to do with Dynamik.
Yeah, either way that's not a Dynamik thing, but simply how WordPress is dealing with those conditionals. Dynamik is just using some default WP conditionals as examples to get users started and if one doesn't work in a particular scenario then it's a WP thing.

I'm doing alright. We just had a sudden death in the family so things have been off recently, but we're pushing through. Thanks for asking. :)